Saturday, January 22, 2011

Seriously, why?

Well, for starters, hello.
You should know, before you get too far into this, that I have no real idea what this blog is, or will become.  I've never been one for making plans so I'm hoping the form and function of this little project will arise organically from my ramblings.  There, you've been warned.

A little about me, very little, the littler the better.
I am older than Justin Bieber but younger than God. I am a Canadian. A Nova Scotian by birth and temperament but currently living, by a caprice (or two) of fate, in Edmonton, Alberta. My greatest achievement in life, so far, is somehow convincing a women who is far too attractive and intelligent for me, to be my wife. That was a pretty good day, I tell you.
I'm a university graduate but was, at best, a mediocre student so I don't put too much stock in that. I would describe my politics as liberal, with a few conservative facets.  I have no religion.

 I think that's enough biography for now.

There's going to be a lot about movies here, and literature. Also, TV, comedy, some theatre (not much), comics, (books and strips), travel, music and miscellaneous ephemera . Politics and media will play some small part but I think I'm on somewhat shakier ground there, so I won't be dwelling on these subjects.
If I ever spend pages and pages rambling about my philosophy of life, as if that could possibly hold any relevance for any other human being, please point this out to me and it will stop immediately. I hope to share ideas and opinons with people but the last thing I want this blog to be about is the wonder of me.

If I seem ambivalent about this process, it's because I am, but that's okay, I'm ambivalent about most things.
Anyway, I think that'll do as an intoduction, but let me finish by asking you....why the f*ck are you reading this?

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this because I have known you for 35 years and considered you to be one of my best friends for the past 25 years or so. I'm reading this because I know that you are a great writer and know more about film (though a bit lacking in the area of Bollywood) than any of the hacks making millions in Hollywood. Your literary knowledge is diverse and contains an incredible depth and you are able to express yourself with humour and intelligence.

    I have been nagging you to do this for years. My expectations is that it will be a brilliant blog and I look forward to reading it regularly.

    Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading this because I am partly responsible for this blog happening yay for blogness! and because your rantings and critiques are always interesting to read. They are also generally true to a disgusting degree of accuracy. cannot wait for more! * side note* love the "older then justin bieber younger then god" part way to stay current!

    ReplyDelete